Habitat Offices/Site/Store Closed for the 4th of July
The 4th of July is tomorrow, and our offices, store site will be closed to celebrate the holiday.
Nothing says summer more than the smell of a grill and a good cookout with family and friends. We at Habitat enjoy cookouts and understand hosting a barbeque can be stressful. So here are few tips to make things a little easier.
- Never go to BBQ hungry
- Have a healthy BBQ. Although hamburgers and hotdogs are great don’t forget to have fruits and vegetables.
- Plan accordantly; check the weather, location accessibility and guest list.
- Familiarize yourself with the grill. Try new grills before hosting an event.
- Allow meat, poultry and seafood to marinate in the refrigerator.
- Charcoal grills: place the coals in a pyramid shape 20 to 30 minutes prior to cooking. The pyramid provides ventilation for the coals to catch fire. To start with lighter fluid, soak the coals with about 1/2 cup fluid. Wait 1 minute to let the fluid soak in, then light with a match. NEVER use gasoline or kerosene because either one can cause an explosion.
- Gas grills may heat more quickly but still need time to come to temperature and for grates to hook up.
- Electric and portable grills are perfect for small gatherings.
- Make sure you have a clean up crew.
- Have Fun